This blog follows a trio of friends who are writing their first-ever novel. It's their journey of the writing process, and a glimpse into their lives as first-time authors. Along the way they hope to share not only about themselves, but introduce you to their characters, the themes that drive their story, and ultimately the Maker who created them all.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Behold As You Pass By

"Behold as you pass by. As you are now so once was I. As I am now so you will be. Therefore prepare to follow me."

The scenes I saw on the wall as the creature led me down the hall made me wonder if I should even be there at all. Dark, violent, blood-filled pictures painted the wall. Highlights of the life I once lived. The images made my skin crawl and my stomach churn. My life was a twisted mess, filled with unimaginable hurt and pain.

The creature’s words flitted through my mind, “As you are now so once was I. As I am now so you will be.” What could that possibly mean?

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the creature’s gravelly voice. “Follow me,” it said. "It's easy to lose your way in these halls." Fumbling for words, all I could muster was "okay" as I continued to follow the creature. Where it was taking me, I had no idea.

"Can you tell me where we’re going," I said.

"You shall see. Just follow me"

We began to ascend a dark, windy stair case. We climbed for what seemed like hours. When I thought I could not climb any farther, we came to a door. He stuck a golden key into the lock and said, "behold, you need to see this." The pain was very raw and all strength had left my body.  My soul thirsted for the unknown and my body ached for relief. 


Here's a taste of our book.  If you can't tell, we're writing a supernatural thriller.  What do you think?  We value your opinion as the reader, so please leave a comment.  If you really like what you've read, please share this with your friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates